Home How to Help Volunteer Favorite links Why Foster? Contact Us Raffle Winners Memorials & Honorees For Adoption For Adoption For Adoption For Adoption Fund for Grady! Ginger needs you! Special Needs Fundraisers Photo Gallery Thrift Shop Found Cats
Volunteers are always needed and appreciated. We have opportunities in the following areas: Fostering - you can foster a litter of kittens or just one. Maybe you can foster an adult cat or hard-to-place or special needs cat that may require medications. Expenses are paid by Little Orphan Animals. When animals are ready for adoption, you should be available to attend our adoption days on Saturdays at our adoption center in Peekskill. Fostering is very rewarding and always needed.
- Fundraising - volunteers are always needed to help at our fundraisers. We usually have 4 tag sales each year and help is needed. We also have our biggest fundraiser of the year - our annual penny social - (we are hopeful for a spring 2023 penny social). Help is needed for prize collection, set-up, kitchen work, selling tickets and clean up.
- Thrift Shop volunteers needed - organizing, cleaning and customer assistance. Tuesday-Saturday - call our rescue call if you can help.
- Vet runs - volunteers are needed for taking our animals to vet appointments. Availability on weekdays during the day is especially needed.
- Rescue line help - volunteers are needed for answering our rescue line. Messages are left and need to be returned on a daily basis. Messages can be about giving up an animal, needing help with a stray animal or general information. Some experience may be needed but other volunteers are always available for assistance.
- Grant Writing - many grants for animal rescue are out there! We need a volunteer who can search the web and has some time to sort through what is needed.
For more information on volunteering please leave a message on our rescue line and a volunteer will return the call - 914-734-2989.